Things I wrote about the tools I’m using/was using:
- Sudowrite Tips and Tricks
- My first days with Sudowrite (June 2021 – October 2021)
- FAQs After ChatGPT Exploded on to the scene. (And information on interview requests.) February 1, 2023
Tools I have used but no longer use:
- Quillbot – to rephrase sentences. (Stopped using in favor of ChatGPT and Claude rewrites.)
- Chatbase.co –
“Just upload a pdf or add a link to your website and get a ChatGPT-like chatbot that can answer any question on it.” I use this to talk to my previously written books with ChatGPT – it’s easier than scouring for “that scene with that thing.”(Not quite there yet. Stopped using it altogether until the technology moves ahead a bit.)
Tools I currently use:
- Sudowrite – for fiction writing and narrative prose. (Stopped using in favor of Claude.) (Started using again just for the Describe button. I do love the Describe button.)
- Anthropic’s Claude – for fiction writing and narrative prose.
- ChatGPT+ and OpenAI Playground – for marketing blurbs, plots, mystery generation, and some rewriting/editing.
- LitRPG Adventures – for fantasy locations and characters
- New Yorker: The Computers Are Getting Better at Writing
- The Verge: The Great Fiction of AI: The strange world of high-speed semi-automated genre fiction – a long-form article that yours truly appears in.
- The Verge: How Kindle novelists are using ChatGPT – an interview with me about the ChatGPT explosion
- AI-Generated Content and Copyright Law: What We Know (Posted Apr. 18, 2023 – this landscape is likely to change rapidly, so by the time you read this, some questions in the article may have been answered in a court case or by a regulatory body somewhere.)
- 4 Ethical Questions Generative AI Poses
- The scary truth about AI copyright is nobody knows what will happen next
- The Creative Penn (YouTube): The AI-Augmented Author. Writing With GPT-3 With Paul Bellow
- The Creative Penn (YouTube): Writing Fiction With Sudowrite With Leanne Leeds
- Sudowrite an AI Writing tool for authors: Features and Demonstration on the Business of Writing Podcast featuring author Elizabeth Ann West.
- The Creative Penn (Youtube): Writing Fiction With AI. Sudowrite With Amit Gupta
Classes for Authors
These are classes/training I personally recommend/endorse.
Groups for Fiction Authors
These are groups I’m personally a part of and can confirm are a good source of information.
- AI Writing for Authors – Facebook Group with almost 2,000 members, and unfailingly AI positive/supportive.